- celebrated his 6th birthday with a long-awaited party at Jangala soft play. He's been asking for his party to be there since June at least!
- really enjoyed the Winnie-the-Pooh books for bedtime stories, and we've now moved on to a Paddington omnibus. After that I'm thinking Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, perhaps.
- collected lots of conkers!
- kept asking to go rock climbing, so we went to High Tor near Matlock Bath. The interesting bits were all fenced off, but it was still a nice walk.
|The big drop was NOT fenced off!|
- walked almost all the way around the High Tor loop we did. We didn't even take the pushchair, and we were so proud of how well he did.
- is obsessed with a game called Shopping List, and will happily play it six times a day.
- likes the playdough at preschool.
- has picked up the phrase, "Dat's dust howwible!"
|Dressing up at Sudbury Hall|
- loves helping to cook. He's getting pretty good at peeling carrots.
|Inspecting pepper plants|
Thankful for:- some beautiful autumn walks.
- extra family members around to play Shopping List!
- in keeping with the harvest theme: good food and plenty of it.
Recipe of the Month: all those cakesI've already posted recipes for cakes and more cakes this month, and I don't seem to have taken photos of anything else, so that will have to do.
The quinces I mentioned earlier were a freebie from Graham's work; I tried poaching some but put too many cloves in, so they tasted very clove-y and were a bit overcooked. They are hard work to cut up too! But it was interesting to try a traditional but unusual fruit.