1. More writing contacts made, through volunteering to write about FIGMENT Derby - an art festival with the emphasis on participation. I wrote a post about it for Love Derby, and another one for the Silk Mill Museum (not up yet but hopefully will be soon). It was pretty interesting writing about the same event twice, for different audiences.
|Adding to the beanstalk at FIGMENT|
2. Runner beans from the garden. This is the closest I have come yet to my ambition to have a glut; we are not quite overwhelmed but certainly have a steady supply!
3. Theo growing up. He is now basically out of nappies (not 100% potty trained but I'll spare you the details) and has graduated to a big bed. Or at least he will do as soon as the mattress arrives next week; for now he is in the cot with one side taken off.
|And he can ride a motorbike...|
4. The life of our neighbour Mr Stokes, who died last week aged 94. He was a keen gardener till the last. This squash was from his garden; eating it seemed a fitting way to remember him with thanks.
5. Blackberries starting to appear. We went picking yesterday and got a reasonable haul. I froze 500g and made the rest into a delicious crumble.
6. And finally, it's almost the end of the school holidays! Actually, it's been a good five weeks. The weather has been great, with only a few days of rain, and we've done some fun things, with more planned for the final week. I always find myself looking forward to getting back into routine, though.
|We enjoyed ourselves!|