Toby- was a very sweet shepherd in his preschool nativity play, and seems to have that part of the Christmas story pretty well sorted:
"The shepherds saw angels, they were just floating around. They said, 'Don't be afraid.' Then oodles more angels came and they all sang a song."
- impressed one of the preschool staff by identifying 473 as four hundred and seventy-three, rather than telling her the individual numbers.
- loves the carol A Partridge in a Pear Tree (is that the actual title?)
- wanted an ice cream even when it was freezing cold outside
On seeing some Christmas lights: "Wow! That's delicious and fabulous."
Playing doctor: "I'm a good doctor... just sometimes I do bad things."
And a joke to finish: "Why did the chicken drink lots of coffee? Because it had to cross the road so many times."
Theo- wanted some ice cream too!
- does have a balanced diet really - in fact we haven't found much he won't eat.
|Mmm, Quality Street!|
- can stand up without holding on for a few seconds, and is starting to cruise around the furniture.
- was 19 lb 9 oz at his 10 month checkup
- enjoyed his first snow!
Thankful for- beautiful winter sunrises, rainbows and snow!
- time spent with family over Christmas; we got both sets of grandparents together which was great.
|Family photo taken by Toby|
Recipe of the Month - pizzaHmm, I don't seem to have taken any photos of food this month. But we have enjoyed making our own pizzas a couple of times, and you all know what pizza looks like, don't you?
12 oz strong white flour
1 1/2 tsp fast-action yeast
1/2 tsp salt
8 fl oz milk
4 tsp olive oil
1 jar pizza sauce
grated cheese (Cheddar or mozzarella)
Peppers, tomatoes, olives, ham, mushrooms or whatever you fancy
Stir together the flour, yeast and salt in a large bowl. Gently warm the milk and olive oil until it just feels hot. Pour into the flour mixture and mix to form a soft dough. Knead for ten minutes. Cover and leave to rise for an hour or two until doubled.
Punch down and knead for a minute. Divide into four and roll or stretch each piece into a circle or rectangle. Spread the pizza sauce over the bases and add cheese and toppings. Bake at 200 C for 15-20 minutes until crispy and golden.