Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Yoghurt Pot Insects






This was the last activity from the Wild Animals theme, that drifted over into the next week, so I thought I'd give it its own entry.  The idea was inspired by a blog post of Ellie's, who made bugs with pine cone bodies and pipe cleaner legs.  We didn't have any pine cones handy, but we had plenty of yoghurt pots.


I covered them with paper, keeping the designs pretty simple as I knew Toby wouldn't have the patience to make many.  I punched holes in the sides to poke the pipe cleaner legs into.  And look!  I was even organised enough to put everything into little bowls!



Toby picked out the legs for each bug.  He needed a bit of help threading them through the holes, but had the right idea.  Then he put glue on the goggly eyes (PVA would have been better than PrittStick) and we made a face on the base of the pot.

Selecting a leg
Intense concentration
And then it was off to show Dad!

Look what I made!
Making another one with Dad
The bumble bee needed wings, really, but I didn't get round to it.

Next week (or rather this week): Sun, stars and planets

No comments: